308 3105 MHU
The Chief Draughtsman is the section leader in the drawing office. The primary purpose of the role is to maintain sound design standards for all work done by the drawing office across all disciplines in the mining industry, effective utilization of resources and the
continuous improvement of services rendered by the drawing office. Nothing gets erected, cast, manufactured without an approved drawing.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Managing relationships with clients of the drawing office, internal and external
- Managing employees within the drawing office and external resources
- Provide updates via meetings and reports
- Coaching and training of junior personnel
- Allocation and prioritization of drawing requests taking into account cost, competency within the team and value creation of the request
- Budget and cost management
- Technical support and consultation to management, project and plant engineers and team members
- Management and application of industry standards for AutoCAD and management and application of industry standards across all disciplines.
- Draughting standards in accordance to ISO 9001, PMC GS Standards, SANS and BS.
- Problem solving of all drawings and drawing office related issues.
- The approval of all discipline drawings for all levels of use.
- Accurate record keeping as per the PMC standards.
- All commercial impacts with respect to any drawing related specification and standard
- Technicon Education: N6/T4/S4 OR engineering degree
- Minimum of 5 years chief draughtsperson experience
- Proven track record of achievement in Project Management
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good team leader qualities
- Working independently without supervision
- Valid driver’s licence
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.