CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SRBLR009
- Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans, covering all aspects of the Bank’s business cycle as espoused in the Bank’s strategic plan;
- Review of creditworthiness and risks associated with potential business transactions with appropriate tools and models, with a view to providing mitigants to identified risks for loans to financial institutions and sovereigns;
- Preparation of appropriate credit memos with recommendations on the creditworthiness of given transactions, bearing in mind the Bank’s laid out credit policy and procedures;
- Presentation and defence of credit memos to the Credit Committee and incorporation of amendments that may be suggested thereto;
- Opening and managing customer credit files for each transaction to ensure consistency in application of credit assessments;
- Periodic review the Bank’s loan portfolio in line with the requirements of the Bank’s credit policies and procedures;
- Periodic review of the performance of obligors to which the Bank has exposure, including borrowers and guarantors;
- Prepare regular reports for Management as may be required; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management
- : Qualification and Skill
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University;
- A professional qualification in Banking or International Trade Finance will be an added advantage;
- Sound experience of at least 8 years with a leading organisation and familiarity with the Bank’s major business development channels in trade finance, project finance, export development, asset financing and syndications;
- Demonstrated understanding of the Bank’s major product offerings to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, carbon financing, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how these work;
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of lending to financial institutions and sovereigns as well as the structured trade finance operating model as a basis for the mitigation of identified risks in potential business transactions;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and therefore knowledge of the workings of the main segments of the trade finance markets and the participants in major regions of Africa;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or French. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic & Portuguese);
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply