Reference Number: 021 20 05 AB
Our client, a mining company is looking for a Financial Controller to be part of their Finance team. The main purpose of this role is to analyse financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other activities within an organisation
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Assist in the preparation of the financial reports.
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
- Well-developed leadership skills
- GL oversight including payroll processing and reconciliations.
- Oversight of P&L, BS, cash flow and Payroll Tax reporting.
- Liaise with external auditors during year end/half year audit.
- Monthly profit and loss and balance sheet variance analysis.
- Assisting with monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process.
- Work collaboratively with the taxation and treasury functions to ensure appropriate accounting treatment for these functions.
- Research complex technical accounting matters and prepare draft position papers to ensure compliance with IFRS.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- CA/CPA/CIMA qualified with at least 10 years in the mining industry.
- Previous Production Mining experience is essential (preferably in Base metals).
- Experience with ERP implementation (Pronto”, BI: Qlik view will make a significant difference).
- Team Management Experience
- Big 4 experience would also be ideal
- Expat benefits
- Salary in USD
- Roster 9/3