CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- To prepare notices, agenda and other relevant documents for the convening of Board Meetings, General Meetings (Annual and Extra-Ordinary) and various Board Committee Meetings for the Bank and its subsidiaries within the required timelines;
- To draft accurate minutes of the Boards and Board Committees of the Bank and its subsidiaries, and all General Meetings of shareholders within the required timelines;
- To ensure preparation, maintenance and updating of various statutory records and documents as applicable under the Bank’s Treaty and Charter documents and constitutive documents of its subsidiaries;
- Assisting in the preparation of the appropriate Corporate Governance codes and preparing and maintaining the relevant documentation for their implementation;
- Assist in the preparation of the Bank’s various reports and publications such Annual Reports, by providing the relevant data in corporate governance related areas;
- To facilitate the audit of statutory and Secretarial records by the Bank’s auditors, and to handle due diligence of records by external parties (e.g. rating agencies);
- Providing advice on international best practice corporate governance principles and their application as may be required for the operations of the Bank and its subsidiaries;
- Support the Board Secretariat and the President in facilitating and managing interaction with various shareholders and Board members;
- Provide professional assistance and advice in the issuance of shares and other equity instruments and the various compliance requirements related to the process;
- Ensure adequate preparations are in place and required assistance provided for the management of elections for office bearers at all General Meetings in accordance with the Bank’s relevant instruments; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
- Post graduate degree in Law from a recognized University and a Diploma in Legal Practice of a recognized Bar Course or Certified Membership in ICSA;
- Professional company secretarial practice and experience of not less than 8 years, with particular emphasis on the financial services industry, is essential. Experience in handling secretarial matters related to multilateral or international organisations will be an advantage;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of best practice corporate governance practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and to present required advice on various secretariat related issues to the Bank's senior management and the Board;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and working knowledge of French or vice versa. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese);
- Strong skills in drafting a variety of legal/secretarial documents and communicating complex issues clearly and concisely;
- Familiarity with trade and project finance issues, treasury issues and transnational transactions is desirable;
- Ability to speedily grasp the essence, content and implications of the Bank’s constitutive documents in order to be able to provide advice on them;
- Negotiating skills and capacity to work with other professionals to develop innovative solutions to conflicting interests and positions; and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Michelle Muir firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Specialist
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.