CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: LEEBLR6
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Originating and completing commercially viable Asset based finance transactions across all industries in different member countries in liaison with the branch teams and with support from the Head of Project & Asset Based Finance;
- Evaluate and appraising proposals from clients requiring Asset Based Finance and giving feedback with the aim of making the transactions bankable;
- Structuring projects, developing and negotiating term sheets to execution;
- Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans, in relations to Asset based finance projects;
- Translate business development plans into real business for the Bank from all segments of Asset based financing market;
- Developing, marketing and managing products cutting across multiple industries where Asset based finance is required;
- Manage given portfolios, from the process of origination, credit approval and contracting to ensure that the process is finalised within optimal time;
- Supporting the credit department with relevant information to facilitate the credit process and the legal department in the facilitation of transaction documentation;
- In line with the above, liaise with the Banking Operations department to ensure that once approval is obtained, disbursement is done within the required timelines and that the portfolio is managed according to the terms of the agreement and to the client’s satisfaction, until expiry of the same;
- Establishing ties with market participants including international banks, African financial institutions, (project finance intermediaries), project sponsors and developers, corporates and commodity boards and organizations;
- Train and equip the Client Relations Team on Asset Based products so that they can market it and look out for opportunity for Afreximbank to intervene;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management.
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University;
- A professional qualification in Banking or International Trade Finance will be an added advantage;
- Sound experience of at least 8 years with a leading organisation and familiarity with the major trade and project finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how these works;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and therefore knowledge of the workings of the main segments of the trade finance markets and the participants in major regions of Africa;
- Ability to meet senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and win their confidence that the specialist’s products will meet the needs of these parties;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Proven experience in marketing trade and project finance products. The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of designing and selling structured trade finance products;
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
Senior Recruitment Consultant
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Lise Kotze
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities. Please note - only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all CV's are recorded on our database for other suitable roles.