CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: MARBLR06
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Supporting the coordination of the Bank’s internal and external legal capacities in the performance of its legal function and working with internal legal staff and external parties as approved by Management;
- Preparation of a variety of legal documentation including transaction documentation designed to protect the interests of the Bank as lender, borrower, co-lender, service user or provider and in a wide range of other capacities;
- Negotiation of legal documents with the Bank’s legal counter-parties and under the guidance of Management;
- Providing legal advice to management and staff in all areas of the Bank’s activities and proffering solutions to legal problems, constraints, risks, options, consequences and approaches;
- Review legal documentation prepared for the Bank or arising from the work of the Bank;
- Representing the Bank internally and externally in negotiation, disputes, consultations and other proceedings that require legal representation;
- Participation in legal aspects of the Bank’s business and lending as well as borrowing operations including loan administration and various committees as management may specify; and
- Any other duties as assigned by senior management.
- A good first degree in French Civil Law and either a relevant post-graduate degree from a recognised University or a Diploma in Legal practice from a recognised school in lieu;
- Professional legal practice and experience of not less than 8 years, with emphasis on the banking and finance industry is required, backed with demonstrated experience in any of the following areas; structured trade and corporate finance; project and asset-based finance; guarantees and specialised finance; financial institutions lending; sovereign lending;
- This is a Transactional Banking role with a focus on the lending activities of the Bank. Strong banking and finance law fundamentals are essential;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa and specifically OHADA;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and to present legal advice on various management issues to the Bank's senior management and the Board;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese);
- Strong skills in drafting a variety of legal documents and communicating complex issues clearly and concisely;
- Ability to speedily grasp the essence, content and implications of the Bank’s constitutive documents to be able to provide advice on them;
- Ability to review under strict deadlines long and complex transactions and other legal documents;
- Negotiating skills and capacity to work with other professionals including non-legal professionals to develop innovative solutions to conflicting interests and positions; and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals; and
- High levels of emotional intelligence and emotional resilience to be a good team player in a diverse legal team is a requirement;
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Martine Ralfe
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.