: 06 23 07 MNW
Our client, a successful mineral mining company that is operating at international standards, is searching for a Principal Environmental Scientist that will be technically, practically and theoretically involved in their role on-site. The incumbent will be tasked with ensuring compliance at all ecological levels, providing both actionable and justified advice to management on such matters, spearheading academia journalism, as well as make use of effective training to enhance staff skills.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Take charge of all ecological and biological assessment, maintenance and predictions.
- Effective use of prior West African experience with regards to compliance to legislative and ecological standards in the local sphere.
- Recognition and mitigation of the business risks caused by key indicators at an ecology and biosphere level.
- Ability to develop and action environmental rehabilitation procedures according to strict scientific protocol.
- Oversee and ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental policies, practices and evidence are appropriate and complied with.
- Make use of effective training to enhance local staff skills in scientific approach and substance.
- Maintenance of the Safety, Health and Environmental standards, with improvements facilitated as necessary.
- Garnering GIS data in the local area, storing electronically, and ensuring effective monitoring and scrutiny.
- Keeping up to date with the regulatory environment and advising the company on associated activities.
- Take an active and collaborative involvement in stakeholder relationship management.
- Spearheading academia journalism.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Master Of Science (Ecology/Forestry/Conservation or similar).
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in a similar position within the mining industry.
- Competency with IFC Standards and locally practiced Risk Frameworks.
- Experience in Western Africa, including technical expertise in the local biodiversity and ecological habitat.
- Proven Academia and Scholarly journalism capabilities and experience.
- Expertise in recognition and mitigation of environmental consequences of human activity.
- Expertise in MS office package.
- Exemplary communicative capabilities, with an ease in pressure social situations.
- Drivers License.
- Roster of 7 weeks on/ 3 weeks off
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Mitchill Wernich
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruiting
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions