Reference Number: 031 01 08 AB
Our client, a mining company is looking for an experienced Senior Environment & Radiation Specialist to join their operations in West Africa.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Develop radiation management and environmental remediation plans in accordance with regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
- Oversee multi-disciplinary technical studies to support mine planning, projects and operational departments.
- Conduct operational compliance audits and guide corrective action in the areas of radiation and environmental monitoring.
- Develop, implement and manage an IFC-compliant integrated management system aligned to ISO requirements.
- Support strategic environmental and land rehabilitation planning.
- 30% site-based role.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- BSc. in Environmental Sciences; Metallurgy; Chemistry or related.
- Minimum 5-10 years in environment & radiation leadership role.
- Experience completing environmental incident investigations and radiation dose assessments.
- Experience planning & executing technical trials and studies.
- Accredited for management of ionising radiation originating from NORM and sealed sources (internationally recognised RSO).
- Experience in the mineral sands mining industry required.
- Will involve regular travel to site