Reference Number LAS0050
The Managing Director will be responsible for providing leadership to develop and grow the business, achieving profitibility through the implementation of plans based on detailed analysis and strategic thinking. Strategic business plans will include annual growth, objectives, budgets and targets.
Requirements: Qualifications and Experience
- Develop and oversee the finance and administration departments of the company.
- Oversee all safety matters to provide the safest environment possible for employees and other stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage development of new products and distribution of all products.
- Oversee branch offices to ensure efficiency and maximization of throughput and income.
- Monitor, manage and approve daily credit control of all credit clients.
- Develop and implement cost/profit center budgets.
- Oversee cost control and margin maximization.
- Maintain daily/weekly/monthly management reports.
- Proactively review and approve weekly/monthly financial reports; review income and cashflow projections.
- Ensure company is operating in a continuous improvement environment by encouraging new ideas through open communication.
- University degree in related field required.
- 10+ years management experience with an industrial operations or manufacturing company, preferably in flour milling or similar industry
- Understanding of agricultural commodities markets required.
- Experience with managing commercial, industrial or logistical operations in a developing country.
- Experience with food distribution preferred.
- Fluency in French and English required.
- Demonstrated strong leadership/decision making skills required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels required.
- Experience with combating theft and fraud in a developing country environment required.