Reference Number: VAN06
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Plant Operations Manager leads and manages all assigned production operations with responsibilities for safety, quality, productivity, and people management and development for all production operations and related services. This position serves as strategic leader, coach, and driver of strategic initiatives in the plant.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Safety: Champion all aspects of personal and Plant Safety and lead Plant Safety Team. Instill a sense of self responsibility for safety among employees. Exhibit a safety-first attitude in all that is done and ensure the safety of the employees and the safe use of the equipment, including housekeeping, product safety compliance, and environmental compliance.
- Quality: Optimize the production process to ensure that quality is built-in, not inspected in. Partner with the QA Manager to drive a culture that supports our Quality Statement and helps employees learn and improve. Comply with quality assurance specifications of the customer and including but not limited to handling procedures, paperwork requirements, etc. Compliance with all data integrity, product safety, and all standards required.
- Operations: Support the goals of the Plant by developing operational capability and capacity through leveraging technologies and people, including communicating the operations vision and driving the overall operations plan. Lead, manage and monitor KPIs.
- Financial: Help establish and achieve the approved budget of the Plant, including developing and providing justification for the capital expenditures budget of the Plant.
- Customer Service: Instill a customer-centered culture for the Plant. Support efforts to achieve excellent on-time performance. Contribute to company cross-functional teams, to achieve the overall effectiveness of customer relationships, including customer visits and interaction as needed.
- Performance Metrics: Establish, monitor and achieve Plant operating metrics and expense budget. Establish and monitor annual goals and objectives for the plant. Communicate KPI goals. Drive accountability throughout your department(s).
- Capacity/Throughput: Manage the capacity and capability of the Plant working with the Production Planner, Sales and Plant Management team to meet fluctuating customer demands, optimizing profitability and lead time expectations. Minimize WIP between unit operations.
- People: Build, develop and manage a high performing team. Instill ownership of production objectives through selection, performance assessments, talent management, training, and development of employees for all employees. Lead team to be capable of carrying out the short and long-term strategies of the plant.
- Continuous Improvement: Support a culture of relentless pursuit of continuous improvement. Lead CI efforts in the plant under the direction of the Plant Manager. Utilize Lean tools of kaizen, 6S and Gemba to drive improvements in operations.
- Technical Knowledge: Develop and continually improve technical knowledge of processes in order to continually improve and problem solve. Utilize and report results with the Order Management System (Radius-SFDC).
- Values: Model the Corporate Values – Creativity, Achievement, Passion, Perseverance, and Integrity – including instilling a high performance, people-driven culture, providing high expectations and high support.
- Other: Additional duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Field study in Business, Operations Management, or similar field
· 15 years manufacturing experience, with proven ability to effectively lead a well run continually improving operation
· Digital printing experience
· Experience with manufacturing Safety program required
· Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
· Must be strong in Microsoft office
· Rational, fact-driven decision-making skills
· High level of accuracy, strong attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to analyse data, draw conclusions, make recommendations, and present findings
· Candidate must be a self-starter with strong organizational and planning skills
· Assertive and Solution-focussed
· Experience leading projects, delegating, and seeing problems through to resolution
· Articulate, clear, persuasive and passionate in the spoken and written word; able to create and lead a vision with a team
· Must be able to relate to people at all levels of the organization, including diverse cultures
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
· Positive attitude, team player, proven leadership skills. Ability to lead, oversee, and develop others.
· Travel to customer sites, vendors and other facilities may be required
Benefits and Contractual information
· Permanent Position