COSTING / PRODUCTION PLANNER, Johannesburg South Africa
You will be responsible for organizing and managing the day-to-day activities surrounding customer orders to ensure customer deadlines are met and maximum operational efficiency is achieved. This role is responsible for coordinating production operations, ensuring on time delivery of products, monitoring customer orders, communicating orders to the production floor to ensure on-time delivery of customer products.
This role also require that you assist with costing of manufactured products in the Manufacturing Department, and to ensure accurate cost basis to determine to give the sales company accurate selling prices.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Matric with Relevant Production / Supply Chain qualification
- Min 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Production Management would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of production environment
- Strong knowledge of ERP and MRP
- Strong Experience using Microsoft Office - Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word & MS Projects
- Maintain high attention to detail to recognize errors and complete work with thoroughness
- A “Can Do” attitude
- Lots of drive and initiative
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Strong numeracy and attention to detail
- Ability to find solutions to problems
- Ability to hold individuals and teams accountable to deliverables and timelines
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- Schedule the production process and production departments by material, employee and equipment availability.
- Implements and manages systems and procedures to improve efficiency of activity and support cost down improvements.
- Develop short-term and long-term production forecasts including backlogs, unplanned work and rework orders
- Providing management with clear, timely and accurate information in which to make decisions
- Create and maintain production schedules and provide the required feedback
- Use workers and resources in the most effective manner
- Provide quick responses to production issues
- Identify problems and help improve processes to ensure that deadlines are met
- Use software to generate reports and schedules.
- Maintain master data and MRP system, Attention to detail is an absolute must!
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the Quality and Supply Chain teams.
- Identify and resolve any inventory issues caused by deviations
- Serve as a liaison between the production department and sales department
- Review prior day reports to ensure orders were successfully delivered
- Prepare product costing
- Tracks and maintains standard cost compared to actual cost.
- Ensures the accuracy of plant product cost criteria (i.e. material, labour, factory overhead, etc).
- Maintains annual standard calculations for material, labour, and overhead
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Martine Ralfe
Please visit www.caglobalint.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.