Reference Number: JAM0352908
Coordinate drilling related activities on behalf of the Minerals Exploration team, targeting key areas of health, safety and environment, logistics and supply, equipment and maintenance, contractor performance, management and evaluation. The Drill Operator shall ensure Mineral Exploration targets are safely met through effective engagement of all contractors whilst coordinating field-based operations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Maintain a high standard of drilling techniques.
- Adherence to site safety policies and procedures.
- Operate drilling machines when required.
- Supervise the successful drilling operations of the drill rig.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks on drilling and safety equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance daily and assists when required with mechanical repairs.
- Recommend repairs and maintenance to rigs and drilling equipment.
- Check and review daily drilling data.
- Review daily Training Record sheets provided by Driller, identify training needs and recommend training of employees to Senior Drill Supervisor (or Project Manager in Snr Drill Supervisor’s absence) for review and actioning.
- Ensure safety procedures and Personal Protective Equipment are maintained at all times and that all persons working on the site are working safely and in accordance with Company safety standards.
- Ensure equipment supplied to site is used correctly.
- Report daily to base.
- Client liaison as required.
- Other duties as directed.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Experience with a variety of drilling techniques including RC, RAB, water borers air core, diamond drilling and directional drilling etc
- All aspects of drill rigs, booster and Auxiliary units for RC rigs, navi pumps and directional tools land-cruiser and truck mechanics and a basic understanding of hydraulics.
- Relevant Experience in Exploration drilling
- Ability and willingness to travel, and work on a roster
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills
- Residential role
- 4 flights home per annum
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.