333 0509 MHU
The purpose of this job is to ensure that safety, health and environmental (HSE) standards are aligned across the group. This involves compliance to applicable regulations, alignment with reporting requirements and international standards for SHE in the jurisdictions that the company operates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Keep abreast of the latest development in the field and communicate with operational teams.
- Develop a group strategy, standards, targets and objectives for environmental, health and safety departments across the group and collaborate with operational teams to align and implement
- Take administrative responsibility for the group’s Isometrix system with support by the Mine Technical Systems department.
- Manage the development of SHE documentation, procedures and processes to support the implementation and ongoing governance of the Isometrix system.
- Collaborate closely with the head of departments of other users of the Isometrix system, such as the Group Sustainability Manager
- Support and advise the operational health teams to scope and implement health management systems
- Manage the standardization of SHE reports from all the operational and development sites
- Align and improve the weekly, monthly and annual SHE reporting practices of the group
- Continually improve SHE reporting data integrity to help prepare the company for comprehensive independent assurance of corporate reports within a reasonable time frame.
- Prepare quarterly board reports on SHE matters for the Sustainability Committee.
- Take the environmental, safety and health lead on due diligence processes initiated by potential investors, clients and financiers.
- Support the Sustainability Reporting Manager with the completion of SHE sections in ad hoc ESG questionnaires.
- Support the Sustainability Reporting Manager with the HSE data required to complete the Company’s CDP submissions for climate change and water stewardship on an annual basis
- Conduct continual training interventions and perform internal audits of possible regulatory non-compliance, gaps and misalignment between projects in SHE management.
- Manage the development of a group level SHE legal register in collaboration with the legal department;
- Manage the environmental aspects of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Updates scope, progress and applicable standards in collaboration with the group site teams.
- Monitor and advise on the implementation of site environmental management plans, site safety management and site health management
- Provide guidance and oversight to site environmental, safety and health teams;
- Manage a skills audit and departmental structure process in collaboration with site teams and make recommendations on how to improve effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Recommend applicable training and development based on the skill gaps identified in the skills audit.
- Provide ad hoc support and guidance to site SHE teams
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Master’s in Environmental Management or similar
- Mining safety and health training or similar
- At least 10 years post qualification experience in the following: SHE reporting and auditing process; Safety systems and processes in the Mining Sector; Auditing; Project management; Environmental management in mining
- Must have previous experience heading safety division of large mining company
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and work independently
- Willing to work in rural communities in Africa
- Frequent traveling
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.