Reference Number: GAS0115
To provide input into the Compliance strategy to ensure alignment with the broader Company Strategy. Ensure that the Company and its directors and managers are legally compliant with legislation and statutory codes and any other arrangements impacting on the Company. Mitigate the risk of non-compliance with statutory requirements and ensure systems are in place to ensure risk mitigation. Input into the development of the Compliance policies and monitoring measures
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Significant experience in Compliance and a good understanding of the South African regulatory environment, generally and mining regulation in particular (MPRDA & Charter, MHSA, Companies Act, NEMA, ect.)
- Experience in drafting operational policies and procedures in line with regulatory needs
- Ability to work in partnership with other Business Units
- Assist in establishment of the relevant compliance regulatory universe
- Work with business units to develop and maintain comprehensive CRMP
- Assist in the establishment of controls and administrative systems that will ensure compliance to applicable legislation and statutory codes.
- Perform legal and corporate statutory risk analysis and compilation and assessment of risk neutralization measures.
- Develop systems and codes for compliance identification and management as required.
- Conduct regular compliance monitoring once the systems have been put in place to identify gaps and test adequacy of compliance measures
- Keep abreast with best practices and assist the Company Secretary to communicate to stakeholders
- Log all compliance findings on a Compliance Issues Log, manage and track the progress made by the business units in closing the finding/s and ensure that the Compliance Issues Log accurately reflects all changes.
- Keep your manager appraised of any new regulation, practice that may apply to the company.
- Develop material and conduct training regarding regulatory and corporate policies & procedures.
- Monitor compliance through various means including statistical sampling.
- Assist in updating systems timeously in order to report to Board and business units on compliance risks
- Assist to provide regulatory compliance reports to Exco, the Board and Regulators.
- Manage and maintain declaration of gifts register
- Knowledge of best practices in compliance management
- Understand the objectives for compliance management & the role of stakeholders in the compliance management process
- Ability to assess risks & evaluate controls
- Compliance recording, monitoring & reviewing
- Report writing
- Ability to read, understand and interpret legislation, by-laws, codes of conduct, court judgements etc.
- Ability to assess and comment on business processes in the context of meeting legislative compliance requirements per department.
- Strong written/verbal communication, solid research, high volume processing and analytical skills with the ability to work independently on multiple assignments in a deadline driven regulatory environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Deadline driven
- Attention to detail
- Proactive & able to multi task
- Goal orientated
Benefits and Contractual information:
- LLB degree
- Compliance Institute Board Exams (would be preferable)
- 5 years’ experience as a Compliance Officer
- South African local
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.