Our client works with women during pregnancy and after birth to improve adherence to interventions aimed at preventing mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV. It trains and employs mentors who work with HIV-positive pregnant women to improve adherence to recommended interventions. The mentors are HIV-positive women who have previously received PMTCT care.
Recognised as a leader in delivering complementary care and support services, over the past 18 years, our client has contributed meaningfully to virtually eliminating mother-to-child transmission of HIV (MTCT) within its client cohorts, and improving reproductive, maternal, new-born, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) outcomes. The scale and scope of the programme has expanded since 2014 to combat the causes and effects of HIV/AIDS in a more comprehensive manner. In 2018, Mentors provided direct RMNCAH, ECD/OVC, prevention of MTCT as well as HIV Care and Support services to an estimated 1,075,741 beneficiaries in 8 countries in Southern and East Africa.
Programmatic expansion at scale and a competitive funding environment necessitate continued, progressive investment in system development within and across our clients organisation departments to ensure quality of care and organisational sustainability.
Against this background, our client seeks to employ a Systems Integration and Optimisation Specialist
to follow-through on and optimise the aggressive system development
in the organisation - particularly in DPTS
This post is of significant strategic operational importance
in the organisation. As a senior member of the Department of Programmes and Technical Support
, this role reports to the Head of the Department, DPTS
. The position is tasked with the integration and optimisation of Research and Strategic Information (RSI) Systems for improved Programme Analytics
as well as the integration and optimisation of organisation-wide systems
for improved Business Analytics. Thus, the purpose of this role is two-fold:
1) to integrate and optimise existing systems,
and set-up new systems
where required, to improve access to information and utilisation of information to support the RSI transition from static, data-driven M&E (accessible to a few), to dynamic, integrated, knowledge-based Programme Analytics (accessible to all);
2) to do the developmental groundwork,
and to design and implement the appropriate intra- and inter-departmental integrated systems, infrastructure and platform
for meaningful Business Analytics that will enhance the organisations competitive edge. This will entail design of the systems / platforms
that support the integration of data, information, and knowledge
generated across different departments – notably DPTS, Finance and HR
The position is based at the Head Office in Cape Town with opportunities for occasional travel. Key Performance Areas:
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Lead and manage integrated systems development / design and systems implementation for intra- and inter-departmental data processing, storage, analytics and reporting in support of key organisational processes and functions – including but not limited to running Programme / Project Analytics and Business Analytics for strategic decision-making.
- Assess, optimise and integrate components of the RSI system (the existing RSI digital platform), to enable insightful routine and ad hoc Programme / Project Analytics for the purpose of Programme / Project Performance Management, Operations Research and Evaluation.
- Assess, optimise and integrate data structures, data processing and reporting systems across relevant departments and units (notably DPTS, Finance, and HR) to enable insightful routine and ad hoc organisation-wide inter- and intra-departmental Business Analytics.
- Develop and test new system solutions in support of organisation-wide Programme / Project Analytics and Business Analytics.
- Continuously evaluate, test and modifying systems to ensure that that they consistently operate reliably.
- Continuously consult system users to determine their needs in order to ensure relevance and quality of products / deliverables / system outputs, and to ensure that user and project requirements are met.
- Manage the Digital Data Team (Digital Health Associate and Data Scientist).
- Provide / oversee user training, support, advice and feedback, including training material development.
- Keep up to date with new technology and continuously make recommendations for system upgrades and innovations.
- A Master’s Degree (or equivalent professional experience) in a relevant field such as Business Information Systems, Information Systems Engineering, Information Science or related quantitative analytical field.
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience as an Information Specialist, Information System Engineer, Business Systems Analyst or related position in a corporate and / or non-profit environment.
- Proven track record in software engineering, utilising programming language(s), developing code and documenting system artefacts, including test protocols and ensuring that output is as per the given specifications.
- Proven track record in data warehouse development / data base development, management, and administration.
- Proven track record in data management / data flow system development, system integration, system optimisation and implementation.
- Proven track record in managing data migration and data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL).
- Proven track record in leading organizational / institutional Programme Analytics and Business Analytics processes and teams.
- Proven track record in working in the field of Health and Development.
- Proven track record in the field of Financial Management.
- Experience in using STATA is a strong recommendation.
- Experience using business intelligence / visualisation tools (specifically Tableau) is a strong recommendation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical skills in business, mathematics, statistics and computer science
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Team-work skills
- Strong organisation skills and time management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong management and leadership skills
: Head of the Department - DPTSLocation:
Cape Town, South Africa (local and international travel)Duration:
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.