We are recruiting for a highly motivated Technologist
to build and lead our Cape Town, South Africa based Technology support team
consisting of approximately 7 operations engineers.
Our client is a global merchant commodities
firm specializing in energy and its associated industries. They focus on identifying value in the production, refinement, transportation and consumption of tradable commodities and anticipating opportunities in the supply chain where they may be under or over-valued.
The organisation has a global reach spanning 11 offices and approximately 360 employees (85 traders and originators).
Duties & Responsibilities, KPA:
Education & Experience Required:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ideally with an engineering education, you’ll require approximately 9 years of experience, including senior or lead roles, to successfully manage and maintain Infrastructure Technology platforms supporting a Global Energy and Commodities Trading firm.
- Primary responsibilities will be day to day operations and oversight of Windows Server, Global Network Infrastructure, MS-Exchange Environment.
- Secondary responsibilities and/or growth opportunities will be the creation and operation of a Cyber Security Operations team with the goal of ensuring the ongoing protection of the firm against Cyber threats.
- Above and beyond the skills and experience, you’ll need to be goal oriented, capable of understanding the big picture whilst dealing with any tactical emergencies in a structured and composed manner.
- Critical for the role is to have the abilities, skills and experience as an independent self-starter to visualize and create the organization, Technology platforms, policies and procedures to deliver an excellent Infrastructure Technology Platform.
- Clear and effective communications within a globally distributed team and customer base is also essential for the role.
- In addition to the opportunity to design and build your own team supporting a rapidly growing Trading firm, you shall have the opportunity to develop engineering and operations experience on cutting edge technologies e.g. Cloud,Hyper-Converged Infrastructure , next generation data protection .
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer / Operations (6+ years)
- Windows Desktop (10+ Years)
- Windows Server (5+ years)
- Windows AD (3+ years)
- Virtualization (3+ years)
- Endpoint Security (4+ years)
- Collaboration and Mobility (Telephony, IM, MDM, Wireless)
- Bachelor’s degree – Engineering or Computer Science preferred
Chief Technology Officer
: ±7 operations engineers
Jan 2020 (sooner if possible)
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Specialist
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.