We are recruiting for a highly motivated Technologist
to operate and innovate the LAN,WAN’s and extranet
which is the mission critical foundation of our Global Trading Business.
Our client is a global merchant commodities
firm specializing in energy and its associated industries. They focus on identifying value in the production, refinement, transportation and consumption of tradable commodities and anticipating opportunities in the supply chain where they may be under or over-valued.
The organisation has a global reach spanning 11 offices and approximately 360 employees (85 traders and originators).
Duties & Responsibilities, KPA:
Education & Experience Required:
Required Skills and Experience:
- The role will be also responsible for Operations and Engineering of our Security Infrastructure e.g. Firewalls, IDS/IPS.
- A secondary responsibility will be to assist in the engineering and deployment of a Security Monitoring and Incident management platform.
- Above and beyond the skills and experience, you’ll need to be goal oriented, capable of understanding the big picture whilst dealing with any tactical emergencies in a structured and composed manner.
- Critical for the role is to have the abilities, skills and experience as an independent self-starter to visualize and create the Technology platforms, policies and procedures to deliver an excellent Infrastructure Technology Platform.
- Clear and effective communications within a globally distributed team is also essential for the role.
- In addition to the opportunity to operate and evolve a mission critical infrastructure platform supporting a rapidly growing Trading firm, you shall have the opportunity to develop engineering and operations experience on cutting edge technologies e.g. Cloud,Hyper-Converged Infrastructure , next generation data protection and Cyber Security.
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer / Operations (6+ years)
- Networking - Route/Switch/Firewall (8+ Years)
- Amazon and Azure Cloud Networking (2+ Years)
- Network/Systems Monitoring platforms (5+ years)
- Network packet analysis (5+ years)
- Security Incident Management
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Coding exposure for Automation, Config Management e.g. Python, Powershell, Ansible
- Syslog, System Event logs consolidation and analysis platforms
- Storage – SANs
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure e.g. Nutanix
- MS Exchange
- Data Protection – Networker, Cohesity, Veeam
Chief Technology Officer
: ±7 operations engineers
Jan 2020 (sooner if possible)
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Specialist
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.