Our client requires a mid-level Desktop Infrastructure and Systems Technologist
to be based in their Cape Town location. The ideal candidate would possess 6-8 years of experience
in providing highly effective desktop support services.
The role is primarily responsible for ensuring a high level of service support and delivery
to a remote commodities desktop trading environment. (primarily New York and London with additional offices including Houston and Singapore). Secondary or growth responsibilities will be to ensure high availability of Wintel Server, Cisco Networking, MS Exchange systems.
A high level of responsiveness and customer engagement is expected along with a passion for driving technology improvements and evolution.
Our client is a global merchant commodities
firm specializing in energy and its associated industries. They focus on identifying value in the production, refinement, transportation and consumption of tradable commodities and anticipating opportunities in the supply chain where they may be under or over-valued.
The organisation has a global reach spanning 11 offices and approximately 360 employees (85 traders and originators).
Duties & Responsibilities, KPA:
Education & Experience Required:
- Serve as remote Desktop support engineer for approximately 350 Windows trading desktops across approximately 12 global sites.
- General maintenance and 1st level incident management for Regional Server (Windows), network (Cisco) and Data Protection (Cohesity) infrastructure.
- Maintain oversight over Security Infrastructure and Incident Management.
- Windows Desktop and common office applications
- MS Exchange Server, Outlook
- Blackberry Work
- Office 365
- Exposure to environments with high expectations for mission critical IT Systems eg. Financial services, Banking and Trading firms.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Windows Virtualization
- Cloud Telephony
- MS Teams, Skype for Business
- Familiarity with Cisco Networking
- AWS/Azure Cloud
- Market Data Applications e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters , ICE
Chief Technology Officer
: ±7 operations engineers
Jan 2020 (sooner if possible)
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Specialist
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.