Reference Number: RSB
A leading Commercial bank in Mauritius is looking to hire a Head of Collections & Recovery to be based at the Head office in Port Louis. This individual will be responsible for implementing the different strategies defined in the bank’s Recovery Process, Policy and Strategy Manual, to regularize delinquent and default accounts and/or to provide credit solutions to customers, while protecting the interests of the bank. They will also be responsible for developing and implementing the strategic objectives of the business unit and manage all available resources efficiently and proactively (staff, systems, processes).
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Managing the operations of the Collections Department.
- Motivating, developing, training, and monitoring employees. Managing and coordinating the workflow and daily functions of the Collections area.
- Ensuring department goals are met within established standards.
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to develop and modify collections policies and procedures to comply with legislation, regulations, and other legal developments that affect collection responsibilities.
- Developing good rapport and liaison with other departments (OPC, Cards Department, Finance, IT, Legal, Credit Admin, etc.) relative to any recovery process or activity.
- Managing and performing necessary accounts-related activities, including contacting delinquent accounts through the appropriate means, taking appropriate actions to cure delinquencies, analyzing members’ financial situations, managing collaterals from repossession through to liquidation and bankrupt account management.
- Reviewing collections recommendations from subordinates.
- Providing support to establish management tracking and reporting the Collections Department’s activities and metrics to enhance transparency and efficiency.
- Liaising with third parties engaged in collections and recovery activities on behalf of the Bank and ensuring that recovery timelines are respected.
- Assisting and participating in Internal and External audit reviews and also contributing to management responses.
- Ensuring that documentation relative to debts are up to date (Search on Asset, Security documents, Property Valuation reports)
- Actively participating in various credit committees (Watchlist, SAC, MCC and BCC) and ensuring execution of agreed actions.
- Steering meetings with Litigations team on cases where foreclosure/legal recovery have already commenced so as to activate process.
- Degree in Banking / Finance / Accounting or any relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant role the Banking sector would be an advantage.
- Understanding of BoM guidelines.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate with sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Mauritian nationals preferred.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.