Reference Number: VAN0015
Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and supervising the day to day activities of the Workshop Section, controlling the quality of repairs, implementation of HSEQ standards, and performance appraisal of subordinates.
- Leads a group of at least 8 mechanics and helpers within the group workshop.
- Performs trouble shooting and diagnostics procedure on vehicles and equipment.
- Record observations and findings during diagnostics run and decide on the correct method of repair, as necessary.
- Ensure that warranties, FMC’s and all specialised projects are properly followed up, monitored, and documented.
- Plan and organise daily work and delegate specific tasks to concerned section/mechanic. Hands-on supervision of all workshop activities, especially technical issues.
- Forecast and order spare parts for specific jobs/special job or for stocks replenishment along with workshop administrator.
- Provide on-the-job training as well as coaching and mentoring to mechanics and helpers. Follow up repair order, registering the time taken to complete each task.
- Responsible for customer service, reliability and dependability by providing all fields with the technical assistance that they require from the Workshop.
- Evaluate the training requirements of his subordinates and discuss/agree training needs with the regional after sales manager.
- Attend the Departmental Meeting.
- Responsible for the implementation of 5S and other HSEQ standard within the workshop area.
- Conduct final check/test driving for all vehicles/trucks prior to release.
- Responsible for daily activities and overall operating procedures of the workshop.
- Conduct annual performance appraisal of all direct subordinates.
- Support and full comply with Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Compile and submit monthly production reports.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Grade 12 Qualification.
- Certified/Qualified as a Diesel Technician.
- Completed apprenticeship.
- 5-10 years on the floor working experience.
- 2-3 years supervisory role of junior technicians/apprentices
- 3-4 years working in the role of workshop management
- Highly computer literate (Microsoft Office, Enterprise Resource Management, etc).
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Position.
- Market Related.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Vanessa Ngwenya
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
Junior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global Finance (PTY) Ltd
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.