Reference Number: MAS_2019_1014
The purpose of the role is to assist the regional support teams with Skills development and Automation Product Support activities on Mine Automation systems and service all equipment and data-ware related to the System through Effective Maintenance Scheduling, implementing of Best Practices, liaising with Factories and optimization of practices. Services will be to Internal and External Underground and Surface Mining Clients.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Advanced repairs and inspections of Automation related products and equipment of different kinds at customer site or own premises.
- Responsible to plan, conduct and maintain tools and equipment for service work.
- Deep knowledge of the tasks, tools and procedures associated with providing technical support to the sales team and customers.
- Support the customer’s product/equipment/processes by suggesting possible improvements to more advanced technical solutions and products.
- Take into consideration energy efficiency, environmental impact and maintenance costs when giving customer support.
- Provide advanced technical support and advice to the sales team.
- Ability to produce positive results in sales-client interventions.
- Guide and train colleagues in service methods and tools and coach Aftermarket teams.
- Training and Coaching of Customer end users
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Grade 12 / N3 Technical Qualification / Equivalent Qualification
- Mechanical or electrical trade qualification
- Basic Computer literacy
- 5 years relevant Mechanized mining experience: Underground/surface mining, Maintenance of earthmoving equipment in mining/construction environment
- Experience or Knowledge with Automation systems and/or SQL or networking advantageous
- Mechanical, electrical or electronic equipment maintenance competence in some of the following areas: Basic 5 module LHD’s or Trucks with EPEC control systems, Basic electronic systems, Basic LV electric systems, Mechanical equipment, Hydraulic systems, Video display systems, Advanced electrical systems
- Experience in CANbus systems will be an advantage
- Valid driver’s license
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to MARGARET SWART
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.