A leading multinational tire manufacturing company has an exciting opportunity which will be based in the Gauteng region, South Africa. Our client employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world for automobiles, commercial trucks, light trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, race cars, airplanes, farm equipment and heavy earth-mover machinery.
Responsible for the development of sales of the organisations products and services to customers in the defined area of responsibility territory / product / channel). This involves identifying, analyzing and raising the customer potential.
Achieve sales and profit objectives for all brands/product range/services in the assigned area of responsibility / territory / product / channel) in line with company goals and AOP targets.
Is responsible for establishment and development of productive long-term customer relationships. Provides consulting related support, development and expansion of customers within the assigned area of responsibility (territory/product/channel).
Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience Required:
- Search for and open new accounts in respected area of responsibility (territory/channel/product group), acting as a business consultant, to build lasting customer relationships.
- Support and advise existing customers in a consulting approach with respect to inventory/planning, product range, market development.
- Implementation of sales targets for each customer, product mix and gross profit mix optimization and related services.
- Defining measures to increase the SOM for the respective channel and the SOB of the company brands.
- Coordination and implementation of sales promotion and brand promotion activities.
- Supports the Area Sales Manager to monitor the sales performance of the assigned area of responsibility (territory/product/channel) vs sales targets.
- Communicate short term deviations from targets in the assigned area of responsibility (territory/product/channel)
- Reports regularly and comprehensively about the business situation and development.
- Training of customers
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Grade 12.
- Sales and Marketing Diploma/Degree will be an advantage
- At least 4-6 years sales experience within the tyre industry.
- Advanced selling, communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- The ability to deal professionally with customers (Interpersonal Skills)
- Computer literacy – MS Office, SAP is a key requirement
- Driver’s License
- Willing / Able to Travel (extensive driving due to Region covered) (Travel = 75-100% - remote locations)
- Fully Bilingual - Afrikaans as a first language is critical for the customer base this role is responsible for
- Duration: Perm
- Salary: Market related
- Location: Northern Cape, could be based in Bloem, Upington or Kimberley