Reference Number: AH00010
To develop pet food products that can be produced safely and legally according to quality standards, in line with the company’s New Product Development strategy. An innovative specialist that can work independently, who can assertively initiate, drive and execute New Product
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- The innovation of new products and the renovation of existing ones in relation to the business strategy.
- Drive the value optimization process related to services, raw and packaging materials, and processes in conjunction with the relevant departments.
- Custodian of business legal documents, finished products, raw material- and packaging material technical information and management of product recipes, BOM’s and costs in relation to the product value chains.
- Support of all operational departments regarding the latest technologies, processes, equipment, raw materials, packaging and good manufacturing practice to ensure lean manufacturing practice and hence expense optimization.
- Managing the product development process from the concept phase to the post-launch analysis phase which will include food safety, quality, process flow maximizing and costs.
- Drive new product concept brainstorming sessions from a technical perspective.
- Liaison with vendors for product development from artwork development to product specifications and sample approval stage. Assist with price negotiation with vendors. Seek the relevant approvals required.
- Set up of item numbers and other development information in the item master file. Update and maintain the item master file.
- Assists with implementation, review, and management of the food safety management system
- Approves from a technical perspective the final product (vs master sample) and ensures that all related data and costs are accurate and correct in the system.
- Ensure that process deadlines are met.
- Work with the Quality Assurance department regarding quality issues to obtain the best results for the business.
- Assist with staff training on quality, food safety, processing and hygiene requirements within the business
- Ensuring supplier adherence to quality and food safety criteria
- Assists production with both internal and external audit preparation in terms of processing.
- Assist the factory with concerns related to recipes, process flow improvement.
- Ensure compliance to legislative (DAFF and other) and retail customer requirements
- Coordinate and work with Engineering in order to improve process and technology
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Relevant Animal Science / Animal Nutrition degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in pet food/animal science industry
- 3-5 extensive experience in product development, initiating formulations in taking it from concept to launch
- Strong technical knowledge of product development, shelf-life testing and packaging
- Must be a self-starter with good decision-making skills
- Must be able to take initiative
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to ANDY HAYLETT
Please visit www.caglobalint.com
for more exciting opportunities.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global Finance
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.