Reference Number: ZAS
Position is based offshore on the drilling rig of the South Coast of South Africa. The working arrangement is on 4 weeks on by 4 weeks off rotation schedule signing on and off at George airport which is the base station for the Helicopter crew transfers. Position reports directly to the Affiliate HSE department and the Appointed Occupational Medical Practitioner (OMP) for the project of which is both is based in Cape Town. The overall requirements are to ensure compliance to Company procedures for occupational Hygiene requirements on the rig and Local legislation for occupational Health and Hygiene (specifically as set out in the Mine Health and Safety Act –“MHSA”)
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Oversee and manage the Occupational Health Surveillance system on the rig under the supervisor of the Company appointed OMP
- Administering the exit medical examination process on board the rig as per the requirements of the MHSA including capturing off all relevant exit medical data and review of pre-existing audiometry records
- Performance of onboard audiometry tests (if required)
- Conduct scheduled Occupational health assessments on rig, report and oversee action register to close findings out. Report to be developed & sent to the HSE Lead
- Support rig medic and provide basic primary care and medical treatment onboard as required and in consultation with OMP.
- Contribute and assist in the development and revision of work site health risk assessments
- Overall management of the continues improvement of Health & Industrial Hygiene onboard (exposure to noise, chemicals, etc.)
- Report to Safety Coach and/or RSES on any significant breach observed in term of Health & Industrial Hygiene matters
- Assistance with medical records and data capture of all medical incidents reported to the medical facility
- Assist with medical evacuations from rig
- Contact point for the designated Occupational medical doctor for the company
- Organize regular health awareness sessions related to Health (lack of sleep, stress management, etc.)
- Monthly Report to the HSE Lead (number of exams / consultations / inspection / findings, etc.) – Items to be defined prior to the beginning of the campaign
- Previous offshore experience an advantage
- Fluent in English and good communicational skills both verbal and writing.
- Experienced in conducting Occupational Health assessments
- Experienced in occupational health risk and exposures in the workplace
- Valid BOSIET OPITO approved
- Medical fitness-to-work less than 1 year
- A qualified registered nurse, registered with the South African Nurses Council
- Additional qualification as an occupational health practitioner
- Qualified in audiometry is seen as an advantage
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’ and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Oil & Gas Team Manager
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.