Reference Number: ZAS
Ensure under the approval of his/her hierarchy, judicious technical choices and guarantee the maintenance of a doctrine. Guarantee the reliability of Metocean data by managing a database. Ensure under the approval of his/her hierarchy that Metocean data are properly used to guarantee the stability, integrity of structures, and the safety of marine operations. Build and maintain the confidence with operational team and external group's interlocutors.
- Assist Metocean Specialist as Metocean Engineer to provide expertise for any Metocean-related issues.
- Assist Metocean Specialist to coordinate operations based on Metocean expertise with drillers, mariners and the seismic acquisitions in South Africa, Namibia and Mozambique.
- Provide daily a synthesis of Metocean conditions on site (Agulhas Current circulation, wave and wind) based on expertise and knowledge of:
all forecast bulletins from all selected forecast providers,
HF radars data records and real-time data,
Rig-mounted and vessel-mounted records and real-time data,
Any other available public data sources (satellite imagery, etc.).
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Such synthesis shall be available in written format as a daily report to be archived for future use if necessary.
- Attend alone or with Metocean Specialist meetings to present the daily synthesis
- Assist for MODAS–related (Metocean Data Acquisition System including but not limited to HF radars, ADCPs, weather stations, etc.) questions and solve issues to increase forecasting level of confidence.
- Assess and maintain quality of transmission of real-time Metocean data.
- Archive the Metocean data for on-demand use, future studies and/or acquisition of regional mining rights.
- Assist Metocean Specialist to set up weather and ocean monitoring and forecasting contracts for the offshore operations : drilling of exploration wells, seismic acquisitions.
- Assist Metocean Specialist to set up and follow Metocean studies including but not limited to hydrodynamic modelling, wave modelling, extreme value analysis, etc.
- Cooperate with local universities and specialists and follow-up any Metocean-related R&D projects
- 2 years of experience in his/her technical specialty.
- 1 year rolling contract
- MSc or PhD degree in oceanography, meteorology, mathematics, ocean engineering or hydrodynamics.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’ and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Oil & Gas Team Manager
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.