346 2310 MHU
To be responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and reporting activities concerning production to ensure throughput as per the mining plan. This role reports directly into the Mine Manager.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Establish an approved mining production plan in support of the business plan
- Work closely with mining and MRM planning staff in order to report on mining activities
- Manage the mining contract
- Review production performance, implement corrective actions and report performance to the Mining Manager
- Facilitate daily and weekly production meetings
- Liaise with MRM, Engineering and Plant to ensure continuous availability of supporting services for the production team
- Continuous monitoring and communication of achieved objectives
- Take pro-active action steps to communicate and remediate non-achieved operational objectives
- Compile weekly and monthly reports and distribute to the Mining Manager and GM Mine
- Effective and accurate technical reporting of operational objectives and achieved objectives on a weekly basis
- The adherence and meeting of safety standards and safety objectives
- Meeting the cost, quality and production parameters of the business plan
- The quality of service delivery as agreed with the Mining Manager
- The accurate reporting of information on a regular basis
- Equipment being supplied, used and maintained in a manner that supports the achievement of operational objectives
Benefits and Contractual information:
- BSc/B.Tech. Mining Engineering (NQF 7)
- Blasting Certificate
- Must possess a Mine Overseer Certificate, a Mine Managers Certificate would be advantageous
- At least 10 to 15 years relevant experience of mine engineering and planning in open-pit surface operations
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and vision to develop mineable reserves from the geological resources which exist, maximising productivity, minimising unit costs and maximising earnings
- Exposure to relevant mine planning software packages (e.g. Surpac, MineSched).
- Pit optimisation experience and knowledge
- Strong technical reporting skills
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.