Cost and management plays a very important role in managing the funds of the organization. The successful candidate will be required to collect, analyze, compile and disseminate the relevant cost and management information required for strategic and operational decision making.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Oversee financial and budgetary activities by means of budget variance
- Ensure that the mine is adhering to company standards, as well as identifying cost reduction and process improvement.
- Manage accounts by use of management accounting activities such as forecast, budget and management accounting packs, in order to provide accurate and relevant information for decision-making.
- Analyse financial statements and provide relevant insight.
- Create and review cost management techniques and systems
- Provide stock reports and evaluations.
- Expert knowledge on the concepts of cost accounting, including ABC methodology.
- Make sure that inventory management processes are adhered to, such as physical stock take, stock reports and evaluation.
- Expert theoretical and practical knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and company procedures.
- Inspect the accuracy and validity of financial control information, reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Participate in risk management activities
- Training, coaching and development management of subordinates.
- Communicate relevant information to the various stakeholders of mine operations.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting (NQF 7) or any related field.
- Honours / Post Graduate studies is beneficial.
- CIMA registration is beneficial.
- 7 years’ experience within a Cost and Management Accounting role within the mining industry.
- Permanent contract
- Relocation required
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Mitchill Wernich
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruiting
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions