Reference Number: 053 28 10 AB
Our client, a mining company is looking for a Senior Hydrogeologist to join their Operation in West Africa.
The senor hydrogeologist will be responsible for the supervision of a water exploration program of about, 20 exploration wells and 15 production wells (300m depth). From the geophysics to the hydrogeological model, he will be the responsible of the supervision of the whole program.
- Respect and take care of safety and environment
- Participate in the development and execution of the geophysics campaign and monitor field operation of the geophysics campaign to ensure proper execution
- Evaluation of the data resulting from the geophysical campaign
- Validation and implementation of exploration wells
- Assistance in the bidding process for the selection of the drilling and pumping tests contractor
- Supervision of drilling and pumping tests contractor to ensure the conformity with the contract and the compliance with the best practices:
- Inspection of contractor equipment and materials
- Check the conformity of the works
- Validate the daily activity report
- Control and validation of wells depths
- Oversees the cleaning of exploration wells and their testing.
- Proposes the implantation of observation wells (piezometers)
- Lead the pumping test campaign
- Collection and validation of all the process data as progress is made to ensure good data quality
- Determine the operating flow rate based on the result of the pump tests.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Assistance in the re-assessment of the water exploration program
- Assistance in the bidding process for the hydrogeology modeling and reserves estimation and follow up with the retained consultant
- Participate as possible in the training of the staff
- Participate in the final exploration program report
- Advise in Hydrogeology issues
- Provide weekly and monthly report on the activity
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Degree in Hydrogeology or Equivalent education and experience
- Proven working experience in similar water exploration programs (Min. 10 Years)
- Fluent in English and good to speak French languages
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills