Reference Number: RSB
A major sporting league expanding onto the African continent is currently in search of a Marketing Lead who will be responsible for building integrated marketing strategies and campaigns for the organization, with a focus on cross-promotional monetization strategies. This role calls for building fandom and demonstrating creativity when presenting the organizations brand message to target audiences. This role will also use analysis of key metrics, market conditions and marketing opportunities to help drive consumer awareness and commercial growth in line with the organization’s larger strategic goals. The Marketing Lead will be reporting directly to the Vice President & Head of Strategy and Operations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Build the brand through compelling storytelling of various key stakeholders (players/teams, community leaders, fans, etc.).
- Capture excitement to identify, educate and engage fans across key markets.
- Develop marketing vision and strategy for the organization in conjunction with local management and key groups in the overseas Head office (International Marketing, CDS, Social & Digital Media, PR/Communications).
- Lead planning and prioritization of all marketing efforts for the organization.
- Lead all marketing efforts with a specific focus on data and results-driven reporting back to key partners in the region and the overseas office.
- Oversee relationships with creative, marketing agencies including providing campaign-specific direction.
- Oversee the marketing budget with a focus on delivering additional value.
- Work collaboratively with key functional groups including Media Distribution, Global Partnerships, Content, and Events to deliver fully integrated promotional initiatives.
- In collaboration with Johannesburg and overseas Head office-based marketing and communications teams, collaborate on the strategy for organizations products.
- Pursue strategic brand marketing partner opportunities.
- Monitor competitor and marketplace trends.
- Leverage existing and building new relationships to identify marketing opportunities to amplify the brand.
- Work with content team and PR team to identify storylines and key messaging moments throughout the season.
- Set KPI’s in terms of success of key metrics including brand awareness, fan engagement and overall number of fans.
- Multidimensional marketing leader with the ability to conceptualize and oversee the execution of creative campaigns with a minimum of 10 years of experience in marketing and PR with a confirmed track-record of creating market-based strategies.
- At least 8 years’ experience with excellent understanding of direct-to-consumer paid social, marketing analytics and marketing technology platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree University educated with a degree in Marketing, PR, or related discipline required and MBA or post graduate degree, preferred.
- Prior experience in leading teams and being responsible for a marketing P&L.
- A track-record of building and growing a brand following.
- Experience in developing and delivering data-driven fan/customer engagement strategies, through TV or digital media channels.
- Experience working with multiple partners and coordinating multiple campaign elements.
- A validated track-record in developing compelling traditional and digital campaigns.
- Experienced at handling the demands of multiple partners, and a deep understanding of media buying.
- Deep knowledge and expertise on the African continent.
- Senegalese nationals / residents encouraged to apply.
- Bilingual – French & English required.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.