A major sporting league expanding to the African continent is currently in search of a Finance Director to direct and control all aspects of management reporting, budgeting, analysis of bids, proposals and new ventures, coordination with the league Finance and Controller groups to ensure FP&A and compliance with local accounting and tax requirements. Responsible for the financial operations of the business unit.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Provide timely and actionable financial analysis, wider teams and the central Group Finance and senior management teams.
- Direct the development of the annual business plan; budget, and the monthly forecasting process in coordination with the head office.
- Perform monthly and quarterly financial and management reporting and analyses, including review of results with senior management, providing departmental, segment and geographic reports, variance analyses.
- Manage all aspects of the financial operations, including evaluation of proposals and new business ventures, ensuring timely payment of payables, and working with business unit leaders for timely collection of receivables.
- Work with the US Controller Group to ensure compliance with all accounting procedures, processes, and controls, as well as implementing improvements and efficiencies where possible.
- Work with the US Controller Group to ensure local fiscal and regulatory compliance for all related entities, including tax and statutory financial statement filing requirements and annual audits.
- Support the organization in developing strategic initiatives and financial plans to grow the business, Treasury Management, control, and cash flow forecasting.
- Maintain ongoing lines of communication with staff, global finance team, and other regional or US-based staff, to resolve queries, clarify transactions, and support all business and operational initiatives and objectives.
- In conjunction with the US Controller Group, manage relationships with external professional service providers, and evaluate and engage third party suppliers, as required e.g., outside accounting, tax, and bookkeeping firms, business consultants.
- Support Human Resources, Legal, HRIS and Payroll, as necessary, concerning employment status and payroll issues that may arise for regional office staff.
- Align Finance best-practices, controls and policies as may be directed on a global basis by the US headquarters.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in financial analysis for a multinational company
- Experience in reporting software
- Prior sports, media, entertainment and/or multinational organization experience, preferred
- Finance, Accounting or Economics bachelor’s degree/qualification ACA/CIMA or Mauritian equivalent qualification
- Professional qualification - ACA/ACCA/CFA, fully qualified
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualified experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in IFRS accounting (experience in auditing or accounting is a must)
- Advanced MS Excel proficiency required Strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP formulas)