Reference Number: SHR
Our client a major sporting league currently expanding to the African continent they are currently in search of a Lead for Events & Security to be based in Senegal, Dakar reporting to the Head of Operations. This role would best suit a candidate with experience in Close and Advanced Corporate Security, this includes Transportation, Events, Corporate Office and Ground Staff in Africa. Former Security experience with working knowledge of the US Security, Embassy and Managing the Security of Large Events.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Perform assessments, analysis, and planning for special events throughout the African region
- Run security operations oversight of the security representatives and venues
- Develop security plans and oversee the implementation of these plans for events and/or special events throughout Africa
- Utilize open source databases to prepare reports for Senior Management that provide an overview of current trends, threats, and risks associated with new, emerging, and/or current African markets
- Conduct investigations involving event incidents, staff and others as necessary and directed
- Serve as the Security Department's primary point of contact in Africa responsible for liaising with additional departments to facilitate and coordinate all efforts for international events; will ensure that best practices, proactive and preventative security measures, and contingency planning are integrated into the overall planning process for international and special events
- A minimum of 10 years of previous relevant experience in law enforcement/international security operations. A strong background with specific emphasis on international corporate security and event planning
- Extensive experience in developing security assessments in advance of special events and/or executive travel
- Prior experience with security and special event planning, threat assessment/risk analysis, and thorough grasp of crowd control/ management strategies
- Supervisory/management experience in previous positions is desirable
- Minimum of a bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Formal education/training in security related matters, a plus
- Some global travel is required for this position
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’ and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.