A Deputy Chief Commercial Officer plays a pivotal role in ensuring that organizational functions are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives. The successful candidates’ primary concern will be with ensuring the integrated commercial success of the organization. As a Deputy Chief Commercial Officer, you will be required to take ownership of the transaction and interface between corporate requirements and procedures, suppliers and end users on site, making sure that all functions of the organization are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives.
- Support the COO to define and implement the organizations’ strategy and objectives, providing quality and timely services to all sites.
- Work closely with the COO regarding matters concerning to procurement and sourcing activities, including strategic, tactical, business development and personnel.
- Organize, lead and operationally manage sourcing and procurement teams in full accordance with the organizations’ policies and operational procedures.
- Manage performance through Key Performance Indicators.
- Must be able to identify process improvement opportunities and ensure timely implementation within procurement team and other affected organizational teams (i.e. sourcing, IT and finance).
- Supervise and work towards improvement of procurement performance, transportation routes and load management, contractors and supplier management and the improvement of fulfillment processes and adherence to donor general procurement guidelines and policy.
- Contribute to the organizations’ market intelligence
- Report to the COO and other top management officials on regular progress and status reports.
- Coordinate the technical inputs to the Sourcing/Procurement Team.
- Proactively lead and empower the team managers to encourage operational excellence, collaboration and continuous improvements.
- Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Master’s degree in procurement or relevant field. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree will also be considered.
- 8 years relevant work experience in procurement, order fulfilment, logistics and/or supply chain systems with multiple international donors in multinational environments.
- Preference will be made to those with significant experience working with international donors.
- Experience in Mining/Metallurgy sector and working in a developing country is a plus.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts and continuous improvements efforts.
- Ability to multitask duties; from managing deadlines and prioritize effectively, while delivering high quality work.
- Time management and problem - solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills at a senior level with international manufacturing companies.
- Strong ability to work with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP or procurement/supply chain management software
- Must be eligible to work in South Africa
- Benefits and Contractual information:
- Fixed term contract
- Competitive salary
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Mitchill Wernich
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruiting
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions