Reference Number: 054 12 11 AB
Our client, a mining company is looking for a Mechanical Supervisor – Winders to join their operations in West Africa. The Mechanical Supervisor – Winders is accountable for the monitoring and controlling the output of winder refurbishment to standard, through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Gather information for the Maintenance Manager - Underground for reporting performance
- Conduct periodic audits of all Winding equipment during refurbishment, later maintenance
- Conduct reviews of the refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Winding equipment to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Propose to the Maintenance Manager – Underground to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
- Execute control of refurbishment, later maintenance, work to standard by checks on a routine scheduled basis. This include visual checks, vibration data collection, infrared data collection, ultrasonic data collection, motor current and flux data collection, simple NDT data collection;
- Analyse and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc.) to determine plant condition and report this condition for action;
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary;
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/maintenance planning and scheduling
- Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
- Gather information on vibration & other data collected in order to diagnose/ troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
- Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause
- Conduct Failure Analysis process of mechanical equipment as per requirements
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment work contractor controls to time plan, escalate real or potential delays
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Report directly to the Maintenance Manager - Underground on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Maintenance Management, or equivalent
- An experienced winding equipment maintenance Supervisor with over 10 years’ experience in mine maintenance
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module
- Must possess Supervisory Certificate of Competence from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Supervisor with a relevant certification body
- Permanent Role
- Ghanaian Nationals strongly encouraged to apply