Our client employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world for automobiles, commercial trucks, light trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, race cars, airplanes, farm equipment and heavy earth-mover machinery.
An exciting opportunity is available within our clients Risk Control Department at the manufacturing facility, this role will repot into the risk control manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience Required:
- Develop, implement, manage and maintain wellness and EHS&S programs that are consistent and compliant with applicable regulations and policies and procedures. Evaluate potential risks and hazards of new/existing: processes, equipment, and identify, implement and manage engineering and administrative solutions.
- Provide technical support to site leadership, and associates on EHS&S regulations, standards, and requirements. Evaluate site EHS&S programs and performance on a regular basis to ensure currency, effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance with applicable requirements and regulations.
- Develop and promote personal wellness activities that improves personal wellbeing and meets the requirements of company programs.
- Evaluate all site materials, technologies, equipment, processes and procedures to ensure potential EHS&S hazards are identified, communicated, and hazard control measures are implemented.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate EHS&S programs in cooperation with site safety leadership, specifically designated EHS&S project teams, floor level EHS&S coordinators, team leaders, and other associates. Provide technical support to site leadership, and other associates in identifying, evaluating, resolving, and controlling potential EHS&S issues.
- Drive management of change system to ensure any new or modified material, equipment or process changes are evaluated and appropriately addressed from a permitting and EHS&S standpoint relevant to the associate, site, and environment.
- Evaluate site EHS&S program performance, site processes, operating procedures. Identify actions to improve performance, compliance and efficiency. Lead and assist in implementation of improvements. Track program performance, identify proactive performance metrics/indicators, track trends, and present findings of such reviews.
- Ensure continual compliance with applicable EHS&S regulations and global requirements. Lead facility industrial hygiene initiatives and ensure samples are analyzed and results are reported according to the plant's IH monitoring plan.
- Ensure continual activity that promotes health and wellbeing in the workplace. Implement Good initiatives provided by global medical.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 3 or more years of recent EHS&S program implementation and management.
- Familiarity with industrial hygiene protocols and practices.
- Desired: Familiarity with wellness programs
- Significant professional EHS&S knowledge. Expert knowledge of country and regulatory requirements.
- Team oriented, self-motivated, self-starter, self-prioritizing, ability to balance multiple tasks and projects (including program development, and hazard evaluations), enthusiastic, peer and floor level perspectives, diligent, professional, honest, adaptable, organized, approachable, sense of urgency in responding to questions.
- Technical skills commensurate with education. Skills in evaluating equipment safety, ergonomic assessments, chemical process hazard analysis, procedure reviews, program development and review, process safety management, contractor safety, new material reviews, accident investigation, chemical and laboratory safety.
- Proficient office computer skills (MS office, Lotus notes, etc…)
- Project management skills.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written) required to effectively communicate complex technical/regulatory issues.
- Ability to manage and influence others.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels
- Strong ability to understand, anticipate and mitigate HSE issues that may arise from process/product changes
- Ability to teach and coach others
- Fluent in local language(s) with good English skills
- Duration: Perm
- Salary: Market related, additionally the role would receive a Fuel Card and an Annual Incentive Plan.
- Salary Grade: E 05
- Location: Uitenhage, Port Elizabeth
- Reporting to: Risk Control Manager
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Specialist
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.