Reference Number: 058 26 11 AB
Our client, a mining company is currently looking for a HR Manager to join their mineral sands operation in South Africa.
Talent Management & Culture:
- Operationalize HR, HRD Strategy, Policy & Processes within the Sands operations.
- Develop and execute BU HR, HRD Plan supporting HR, HRD Strategy & Business Plan.
- Provide a professional HR consulting service to the Business Unit that supports both the BU Business
- Plan & Prepare HR Strategy, Policy & Processes.
- Partner with Line to reduce total workforce cost in real terms, including overtime & contractors.
- Advise & assist management & other Functions in determining needs, options & solutions related to HR, HRD & organizational aspects.
- Establish professional networks both internally & externally to remain on top of current Best Practice.
- Talent Management and Culture.
Compliance, Governance and Assurance:
- Operationalize Talent Management processes for the Sands Operations.
- Establish performance management policies & procedures to ensure performance contracts & succession planning processes are deployed to support the creation of an enabling environment in area of responsibility.
Leadership & Culture:
- Establish talent management policies & procedure (e.g. leadership development, career management, corporate talent management process, performance management & development plans and mentorship) & ensure successfully implementation in area of responsibility. Compliance, Governance and Assurance
- Ensure adherence to Governance, Policy, LRA, BCEA, Mining Charter & relevant Codes of Good Practice in area of responsibility.
- Ensures the execution of and report on Employment Equity, Diversity and organizational development initiatives that drive the Transformation agenda.
- Ensures execution of HR and HRD commitments on SLP, SR & LED plans for area of responsibility.
- Identify and highlight people risks against all applicable legislation, policies, frameworks & standards for area of responsibility.
Effective People Management:
- Coordinate the PPP process in area of responsibility.
- Partner with Line to establish the Tronox High Performance Culture, Employer Brand & Leadership Brand in area of responsibility.
- Creates a high-performance Organization, by focusing on the achievement of goals, targets & financial objectives as stipulated in the business plan, through continuous improvement interventions in area of responsibility.
- Execute Corporate Culture & Leadership interventions in area of responsibility.
- Oversees, participates & monitors implementation & impact of change management initiatives.
Employee Relations & Remuneration:
- Ensure an optimized team structure is manned by staff that are motivated, empowered and lead by sound performance management and transformational leadership practices.
- Promote teamwork, provide support and manage performance by creating and maintaining individual development plans of subordinates.
- Oversee all recruitment and HR related activities and HRD activities.
- Perform fair and reasonable tasks related to the job and working environment, at the discretion of the Regional HR Director.
- Responsible for Effective ER climate.
- Provide a labour relations consulting service that will enable the transformation of the ER culture towards the desired culture through coaching & educating line on productive ER culture, related legislation & policy application.
- Pro-actively advise on & influence Discipline, Disputes & Collective actions.
- Operationalize the Wellness strategy for the BU. Give support to Business Partners where needed (e.g. group counselling sessions - fatal accident).
- Partner Line in managing remuneration in area of responsibility within Corporate Policy & Process guidelines to attract, retain & motivate employees to achieve business results. Organization, Job Design and HRMS
- Ensure adherence to Org & job design & Master Data requirements in supporting the achievement of the Sands Business Goals.
- Advising consulting reviewing evaluating & influencing appropriate organizational design in area of responsibility by providing expertise in the following areas: Design of structures & charts; Work processes and practices; Job design profiling; Resource optimization.
- Manage & check if organizational changes are done on SAP by Practitioner and officers.
Learning, Growth & customer Services:
- Manage & control the allocation of funds to ensure adherence to approved budgeted expenditure.
- Providing information based on operational & resource requirements basis in compilation of budget process.
- Partner with Line to reduce total workforce cost in real terms.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Adhere to Safety & Health program goals & objectives.
- Adhere to the company's environmental management program & objectives according to statutory legislation & the Strategic Management Plan.
- Alignment PPP/IDP/Business Plan to ensure optimal future workforce composition in area of responsibility.
- Communicating organizational culture, policies & procedures to line managers & employees at large.
- Honours or equivalent in HR Management, NQF Level 8 (Mandatory)
- 8 - 10 years’ Relevant in HR operations (Mandatory)
- 3 years leadership experience (Mandatory)
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.camining.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.