Vice President, Marine Operations (Transshipment Regulations / Stakeholder Management / Demurrage) – Guinea, West Africa
Reference Number: ZAS
The position holder will be responsible for providing a strategic direction, policies and guidelines, to facilitate the achievement of strategic business objectives and to maximize stakeholder value. He/she will ensure a smooth and efficient operations of the fleet in complying with Health Safety Security Environment standards and transshipment regulations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Identification and contracting of the optimal fleet
- Managing port authority
- Preparing and monitoring the Operations team
- Leads the effective achievement of Operations objectives – setting individual objectives, managing performance, recruiting qualified staff, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximize subordinate and departmental performance.
- Establishment of operating policies, standards and practices
- Ensure the compliance with regulations
- Maximize the HSSE performance of the Operations
- Schedule the vessel calls
- Maintain a cooperative interest in the health and safety of yourself, your fellow workers and local communities.
- Wear PPEs where required.
- Be alert and observe, correct and report unsafe conditions.
- Follow all safe work procedures and comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that work areas are following all the company’s Health and Safety policies.
- Intervene as necessary, to ensure the safety of others in the workplace.
- Provide safety leadership by always setting a good example.
- Comply with the Local Content which is a key for the success of the project.
- Ensure to maximize the positive impact on Guinea due to your action including in recruitment and procurement matters.
- Minimum qualification or equivalent to Vessel officer / marine captain
- Qualification in finance, commerce or engineering
- Postgraduate management or commerce qualifications beneficial
- 15- 20 years of experience in transshipment operation
- African experience beneficial
- Ability to communicate both in English and French beneficial
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.