A Senior BI Developer is pivotal for designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions. The successful candidate will be required to further develop Data Warehouse and reporting solutions for a leading retail/e-commerce client of ours.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Knowledge and understanding of the current product environment
- Providing support to the BI team on maintaining the product environment to ensure that timely on-going current information is provided to the business
- Effective collecting and sourcing of information and then correctly transforming and auditing this information
- Accurately publishing the information
- Problem-solving abilities to ensure current production issues are appropriately handled and that information is delivered according to user expectation.
- Continuously identifying and improving processes & procedures to minimize negative impact to data and business reporting
- Monitoring of the environment to proactively engage in preventative activities and to maintain an environment that is easy to understand and troubleshoot.
- Provide support services to users on data and information to satisfy user needs
- Sound understanding on business data and information requirements
- Delivering data and information to the business in line with business requirements, according to quality standards, within the agreed time constraints and according to departmental coding practice and standards.
- Being involved in the process populating of new data within the data warehouse.
- Taking over information delivery tasks from other areas of the business.
- IT Degree or BSc or any relevant tertiary qualification in Business Analysis
- 4-5 years’ DTS experience and practical experience with new SSIS
- Expert knowledge in SQL – writing stored procedures and general scripting
- Experience building and maintaining OLAP cubes in Analysis Services 2005 and 2008
- Experience developing reports and report services 2005
- Experience in database design
- QlikView experience, test methodologies, data warehouse skills and retail experience preferred.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Lise Kotze
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities. Please note - only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all CV's are recorded on our database for other suitable roles.