Reference Number: LUL_FMA
The recording the cost of newly acquired fixed assets, tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Responsible for corporate oversight of the fixed asset system, related accounting, policy, training and reporting of fixed assets.
- Interface with the IT programming group and accounting to lead and design system improvements.
- Lead process improvement projects and automation with the FAS (Fixed Asset System) system and reporting.
- Oversee monthly closing activities for the FAS system including reconciliations and other financial controls.
- Oversee the Licensing of vehicles.
- Liaise with the Operational teams in terms of asset management, replacement cycles and end of life vehicles.
- Manage the lease register in accordance with IFRS 16.
- Design and improve accounting processes for financial systems, acting as a liaison between accounting and IT.
- Active participation in financial and tax reporting of fixed asset balance sheet and P&L information.
- Provide accurate and timely services to various corporate customers including FAS accountants,business planning, tax, legal, senior management and external auditors. This includes reporting, policy, and accounting guidance to resolve issues and create opportunities.
- Develop and present training materials for end users and management within the company.
- Provide information and explanation on the year-end audit data with external auditors.
- Provide guidance and oversight for other employees in the Fixed Asset team.
- Oversee, track and report on the entity's Capital Budget.
- Prepare and review monthly and annual reports to Senior Management key to the fixed assets cycle.
- Involved as a member on the capital spend committee to review applications for capital budget spend, recommending projects for approval/rejection after considering and analysing the cash flows associated with projects, internal rates of return, compliance with laws and regulations and accuracy of applications in terms of IFRS and group accounting policies.
- Ensure general maintenance of the Fixed Assets Registers and disposals for the Group.
- Management of cash flow - Weekly cash flow forecasts for the Group to manage and track cash.
- Tracking cash flow receipts of FA’s against the budget and forecasting future cash flows.
- Update and maintain fixed asset policies.
- Lease accounting IFRS 16 and financing arrangements.
- Assist in developing group policies and procedures around internal financial governance.
- Reconciliation of group intercompany balances on a monthly basis.
- Review reconciliations/journals/financial information submitted by business units and staff.
- Appropriate BCom Degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in Accounting.
- At least 5 years of experience in asset management, budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, and
- cash flow management in a similar environment.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word).
- Relevant computer systems knowledge.
- Proven experience and proficiency with large computerized accounting systems and data.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Position
- Market Related