The ideal candidate for this role would currently be providing program management expertise at a Senior Management or Director Level with extensive system implementation experience. You should be working within the Corporate Transformation/ Enterprise PMO with deep Banking and Financial Services experience.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Handle responsibility and decision authority focus comprehensively on plan, build, deliver, run, status and budget tracking/responsibility of these projects (end to end development and deployment)
- Handle direct responsibility for a highly-skilled Project Management team (five or more direct reports /ten or more contractors) including strategy, deliverables management, cost and budget, team/people/skill development, performance review and target setting/achievement, overseeing resource assignments.
- Project Management interface between the business, Orion and 3rd Parties.
- Establish and oversee effective issue resolution, change control, and risk management processes.
- Maintain project plan (and phase gate reviews) and report semi-weekly status dashboards at project, Operations Committee, Key Stakeholders, and Executive Steering Committee levels.
- Manage compilation of schedule, status, and metric updates at project and team levels; report appropriately to all levels of governance including executive.
- Lead evaluation of go/no-go criteria for technical release and business cutover.
- Oversee implementation of method and tools which enable each phase.
- Negotiate scope, schedule, and funding with external IT and business partners.
- Establish common goals across multiple teams, and define useful metrics and reporting to track team performance.
- Bachelor's degree in area of specialty
- In addition - Six Sigma, PMP Certifications, etc is highly advantageous
- Additional professional qualifications related to Accounting, Finance, Banking, Risk will be advantageous
- 7 - 10+ years of overall experience in the field or in a related area
- 4 – 6 Years of this experience would have been gained working with a System Integrator (Accenture, Big 4, or other Independent SI) or the Consulting Business of an OEM – Oracle, SAP, IBM, Microsoft
- Must have successfully managed a minimum of 3 full lifecycle Oracle EBS R12 implementation projects
- Experience planning and executing detailed activities related to business requirements development; Conference Room Pilot (CRP) testing cycles, system integration testing, end user training and detailed cut-over planning
- Experience with finance-impacting systems program implementations (SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle).
Senior Recruitment Consultant
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Lise Kotze
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities. Please note - only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all CV's are recorded on our database for other suitable roles.