A banking client is currently seeking an accomplished Project Manager to lead, drive and support activities needed to realize the strategic objectives relating to their Enterprise Data and Analytics Transformation Initiative.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Handle responsibility and decision authority focus comprehensively on plan, build, deliver, run, status and budget tracking/responsibility of the project (end to end development and deployment)
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise and Technical and Functional Leadership to manage and deliver technical outcomes across the following areas: Data sourcing, Data profiling, Data ETL, Master Data Management, Data Integration with Downstream Systems and Data quality.
- Provide Strategy, Business and Functional Leadership and Support across the following areas: Data Management Strategy and Road Map covering all the Data Lifecycle stages, Data analytics and Data governance.
- Handle direct responsibility for a highly-skilled Project Management team (five or more direct reports /ten or more contractors) including strategy, deliverables management, cost and budget, team/people/skill development, performance review and target setting/achievement, overseeing resource assignments.
- Project Management interface between the business, implementing partners and 3rd Parties.
- Establish and oversee effective issue resolution, change control, and risk management processes.
- Maintain project plan (and phase gate reviews) and report semi-weekly status dashboards at project, Operations Committee, Key Stakeholders, and Executive Steering Committee levels.
- Manage compilation of schedule, status, and metric updates at project and team levels; report appropriately to all levels of governance including executive.
- Lead evaluation of go/no-go criteria for technical release and business cutover.
- Oversee implementation of method and tools which enable each phase.
- Negotiate scope, schedule, and funding with external IT and business partners.
- Establish common goals across multiple teams and define useful metrics and reporting to track team performance.
- Bachelor's degree in area of specialty
- Training/ certifications in project management methodologies (Six Sigma Methodologies, PMP Certifications, etc.).
- 7-10+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Experience with finance-impacting systems program implementations (SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle) is also beneficial
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience planning and executing detailed activities related to business requirements development; Conference Room Pilot (CRP) testing cycles, system integration testing, end user training and detailed cut-over planning
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate and manage multiple cross divisional work process and projects.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Lise Kotze
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities. Please note - only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all CV's are recorded on our database for other suitable roles.