The Manager Studies is required to establish and lead integrated study teams to develop major projects through the project pipeline to maximize value and deliver on the company’s growth strategy for the African Continent. The successful candidate will be required to manage multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams and collaborate with operational and Head Office personnel to drive optimal projects outcomes whilst maintaining strong project management discipline.
- Management of major Greenfields and Brownfields project studies (Scoping, Prefeasibility, Feasibility) aligned with the company’s growth strategy
- Building and managing cross functional and multi-disciplinary study teams with internal and external resources/consultants to maximize value to the company and its stakeholders.
- Prepare, monitor and report progress on study implementation plans and study outcomes to senior management and actively aim to introduce business improvements related to process and technology
- Preparation of business cases and accompanying corporate approval documentation
- Working collaboratively with our Major Shareholder to ensure that the company’s growth strategy is achieved through project
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Engineering/Mining Degree or any relevant qualification
- Project Management Certificate
- 10+ experience leading and developing early phase studies for major mining projects – both greenfield and brownfield
- Mining operations experience highly regarded
- Experience working on base metal mining projects in sub-Saharan Africa – ideally with the DRC
- Leading multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams in a matrix environment to deliver optimal project outcomes within scope, schedule and cost constraint
- Developing project business cases, including risk/range analysis
- Compiling project study reports and managing projects through internal and external project reviews and approvals
- Defining problem statement for complex, multi-disciplinary mining projects, identifying strategic development options and evaluation of alternatives to select a single, optimal development alternative
- Project study standards and management processes
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.