Reference Number: SHR
Our client, a leading Financial Services institution, is seeking a dynamic; commercially astute; and innovative leader to take up the role Chief Executive Officer / CEO within their Rwanda operation. This person will formulate and implement business strategy; manage key stakeholder relationships; drive a high-performance corporate culture; and grow the Group’s Insurance business.
Strategic Planning and Development:
Business Development, Brand Support and Visibility:
- Assuming responsibility for the preparation of the strategic and development plans of the Company.
- Ensuring effective business development and planning for the Company.
- Assuming strategic responsibility for the development of employer engagement, business development and other strategies that impact on the Groups’ performance.
- Understanding the business environment and be able to interpret political, economic and market trends
- Determining the financial strategy for the Group and maintaining and improving its financial health.
- Implementing robust financial, risk and management information systems and an overarching internal control framework, thereby creating a financially secure and healthy Group.
- Achieving profits in line with agreed targets.
- Maintaining and managing an effective organization, controlling the cash-flow in conformity with the Board of Directors’ guidelines.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Identifying market developments, political, economic, legislative and underwriting trends affecting profit and growth objectives to interpret their impact and ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Developing and maintaining constructive business relationships with management and staff of broking firms at all levels and with direct clients.
- Establishing personal relationships with major sources of revenue and business influence to foster the growth and standing of the Group.
- Defining company growth objectives, monitoring progress, interpreting results and establishing and maintaining operating standards to this end.
- A Bachelor’s degree as well as a Masters degree in a business-related field (advantageous)
- Professional qualifications in FCII and ACII or equivalent
- At least 10 years’ experience, 8 of which must be at senior management level, within the financial services industry, in a busy high performing insurance industry.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Rwandan insurance industry and its concepts.
- A good understanding of local customers, the market and industry competitors.
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements.