The ideal candidate for this position is an individual with excellent knowledge and practical experience of maintenance operations and methods in different environments. The Field Service Mechanical Fitter will be required to carry out all basic to complex repairs, pre-delivery, commissions, modifications, upgrades, overhauls and preventative maintenance to mobile, environmental, mineral processing capital, general earthmoving and construction equipment, in both workshop and the field.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Work closely with the Services and Technical Manager in servicing clients in metro and remote areas when required.
- Conduct mechanical, electrical and hydraulic trouble shooting when in the field, using a process of elimination then solutions, to enable an efficient and effective result for the customer.
- Provide service and customer support during field visits, both metro and remotely, by completing repair, maintenance and other duties as and where required.
- Repairing Hydraulics, Electrical schematics and Mechanical Components
- Be the first point of call to diagnose errors or technical problems both on the phone and during field visits, and determine efficient and effective solutions, resulting in minimal downtime for the customer
- Set up and commission new machines and hire fleet upon delivery to customer sites
- Train site personnel in the safe and effective operations and maintenance of such machinery
- Apply their expertise and extensive knowledge regarding the Original Equipment Manufacture equipment when supporting Trades Assistant’s in their daily tasks and duties
- Maintain a strong Customer Focus, concentrate on the activities our customer sees as most important.
- Ensure all parts supplied and service provided is within quality and efficiency standards; and provide service support as and when required.
- Certificate III in Mechanical Fitting or Mechanical Technology and Mechanical Engineering
- Current Forklift Certificate
- Certificate of Competency to Operate Overhead Crane
- Current ‘C’ Class License
- 4+ years post apprenticeship experience in Terex Finlay Mobile Screening and Crushing Plant
- 2+ years post apprenticeship experience, ideally on mobile screening and crushing equipment
- Sound knowledge and practical experience of hydraulic and electric troubleshooting
- Ability to operate without direct supervision, and use own initiative to remedy a variety of situations
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your CV to Ruan Roodt at email@example.com
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.