: 34 01 06 MNW
Our client, a successful international mineral mining company, is searching for a Millwright with strong open pit and plant experience, to supervise various elements of team operations. The incumbent will have strong technical skills in electrical and mechanical equipment as well as being adept at training, developing and assessing their team members.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Lead shifts of teams in supplying support to the wet or dry plant.
- Ensure planned maintenance systems and tasks are being performed during shift.
- Support the WCP and mobile mining unit teams during planned shutdowns.
- Perform and lead problem solving breakdowns and preventative maintenance activities.
- Identifies areas of engineering and financial improvement in the plant.
- Support dry mining operations and WCP with regards to production related challenges and improvements
- Ensures the speedy repair and return to services of breakdowns to equipment and machinery
- Ensures that machinery settings are optimal for the efficient mining of heavy minerals
- Liaises with other departments for assistance where required, especially with the warehouse in respect of critical and essential spares
- Compiling shift reports for seniors.
- Prioritize and supervise the tasks of subordinates in the section and monitors and appraises performance as appropriate
- Identifies the training and development needs of subordinates and forwards these to the departmental head
- Assists in ensuring agreed training and development plans are met
- Ensure adherence to EHS policies, procedures, practices
- Routinely conduct risk assessments on tasks, work areas, procedures, and processes
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Engineering Diploma or similar or qualified Millwright designation.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in process plant engineering
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the work methods and techniques both mechanical and electrical applied in the engineering maintenance of both dry and wet mining operations
- Computer literate in both Microsoft Office and Technical Mining Systems.
- The ability to plan, organize, lead and control in the work environment
- Proficient in time management and organizational ability.
- Experience with using operational drivers related to mining activities to shape business decisions and results
- Market Related Cost to Company Package.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Mitchill Wernich
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruiting
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions