374 2002 MHU
Set up, implement and drive a non-Ferrous metals desk in close alignment with the organisation’s strategy and vision. Develop and maintain long-term relationships with relevant market. Promote and develop the mining expertise. Identify new business opportunities. Represent the company with private and public institutions / stakeholders. Sound and up to date knowledge of mining market through mining site visit and work closely with other brokers and market makers for paper transactions.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Successful applicant will be exposed to all aspects of commodity trading covering strategic, financial and pricing decisions.
- Managing entire supply chain in the movement of physical commodities
- Includes negotiation and booking of freight, liaising with ship brokers and clearing agents, stock controls and maintaining detailed logistic, reporting and P&L schedules
- Role involves facilitation of hedging and pricing confirmations and contract administration
- Liaise continuously with the risk team
- Support the development of existing and new business / relationships with major players in the industry
- Introduced a client relationship management program, which significantly improved client retention
- Negotiated with clients for contract terms such as pricing, payment structures, quotation periods, shipment and quality terms
- Monitored the process from production to delivery
- Coordinated execution of smooth and profitable trades and forecast revenue and profitability
- Represented company at global and regional events and prospected for new opportunities
- Defined strategy for potential markets in future developments by analyzing statistics and following consumer behaviour and purchasing trends
- Master’s degree
- +15 years’ experience in Mining, focus on non-ferrous metals
- Must be prepared to get involved in all aspects of the day to day running of a company
- Interpersonal, communication and entrepreneurial flair essential
- Ability to negotiate, react to situations quickly and make informed decisions under pressure
- Be prepared and able to travel
- Ability to develop and execute trading strategy
- Proven track record of expanding customer base
- African Markets experience compulsory
- Experience in trading in world mining operations
- Ability to learn and adapt fast
- French language a plus
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Behave ethically: understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organisation.
- Build relationships: establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organisation.
- Communicate effectively: speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on client needs: anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of stakeholders.
- Foster teamwork: work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the Company.
- Make decisions: assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the Company.
- Organise: set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: determine strategies to move the Company forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve problems: assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problems
- Permanent role
- Location: South Africa, Dubai or Singapore (dependent on where the candidate is based)
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.