A leading multinational tire manufacturing
company has an exciting opportunity which will be based in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Our client manufactures tires for automobiles, commercial trucks, light trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, race cars, airplanes, farm equipment and heavy earth-mover machinery.
The successful candidate will inter alia be responsible to ensure the integrity and timeliness of all actual financial information reported to corporate accounting and local management including:
THE INCUMBENT WILL inter alia BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING KEY ACTIVITIES:
Principle duties & responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance of financial statements with US GAAP, IFRS and Group Accounting Policies.
- Drive continuous improvement and the simplification and standardisation of business processes and communications, by working closely with the Global Business Shared Service Centers.
- Ensure compliance with local tax and regulatory requirements.
- Implement and maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting (SOX).
Educational & individual competencies (these are all a minimum requirement):
- Ensure the compliance with all policies, including meeting deadlines as set out by the Regional Controlling team.
- Provide information and advice to management to support decisions and manage risk.
- Manage and develop a highly motivated, high performing team that achieves quality results.
- Ensure compliance with APDP laws and regulations, putting in place strategies to maximize APDP benefits.
- Introduce mitigating controls in high-risk transactions/processes and prompt remediation.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Qualified CIMA/CTA/CA (SA) accountant with 2 - 3 years post qualified experience.
- Financial Accounting experience in a medium to large corporation.
- Previous supervision of staff.
- PC literate, able to use SAP, Microsoft Office Products.
- Deep understanding of US GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Be a self-motivated team player who can work with minimum supervision.
- 3 - 6 years post qualification experience.
- Experience in managing and leading large teams.
- US GAAP, SOX knowledge and experience.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Knowledge of local tax legislation, including transfer pricing.
- Prior exposure in the US or a US sub. would be preferable.
- Prior exposure to an SAP environment is preferable.
, Port Elizabeth