Drill Specialist (Millwright / Drifters / TMM / OEM / Onsite) – Limpopo
001 2101 RO
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Provide Onsite Technicians & Mining Artisans with technical expertise on Drill Rig Modules with the aim to represent interest of the company at the client.
- Motivate and lead the company Onsite Technicians, customers Maintenance Teams and other related Stake Holders by displaying excellent technical support and product knowledge with regards to Fault Finding, Root Cause Failure Analysis and Preventative Maintenance.
- Conduct pre-shift inspections, preventative maintenance and periodical repairs to improve the longevity of equipment while minimizing operational costs.
- Provide “On the job training” to Maintenance teams with the aim of Upskilling and Skill transfer with the objective of improving Maintenance Quality and reduce down-time.
- Assist the client in formulating/revising and implementation of Planned Maintenance Schedules
- Record and process technical data and provide analysis of reported faults.
- Adjusting equipment & repairing/replacing defective parts, components or systems according to SOW and in accordance to best practice & OEM standards & specification.
- Conduct repairs on the Drilling Modules and related components.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of drifters using best practices.
- Conduct regular equipment surveys and prepare technical reports and recommendations.
- Support and promote the products and services rendered by the company
- Understand the operation and theory of TMM, with maximum knowledge of Drill Rigs from the various OEM’s (Sandvik & Epiroc)
- Installation and commissioning of drifters in accordance with the OEM guidelines and industry norms and standards.
- Systematic approach to Fault finding investigation, RCF analysis and Decommissioning of drifters with the objective of preserving the integrity of the units.
- Ability to interpret hydraulic and electrical drawings & diagrams.
- Thorough understanding of OHS and ISO rules and regulations and compliance.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of basic MS office, Laserfiche and electronic devices (iPads & Tablets) for the submission of reports and documentation.
- Must be able to engage with Snr members of the client’s maintenance teams with the ability to converse in Afrikaans & English and preferably an African language.
- Initiate and lead conversation around technical matters with operators, supervisors, foreman, engineers and technical staff.
- Excellent use of English with technical report writing skill
- Trade Certificate – Qualified Artisan Hydraulic Fitter, Millwright, Diesel Mechanic, Auto Electrician, Electrician
- Must hold valid driver’s license – Position requires extensive travelling
- Required Working Experience Minimum of 10 years post qualification workplace experience within a Trackless Mining Environment
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with TMM - Drill Rigs with specific exposure on the drilling modules.
- Proven experience on Sandvik & Epiroc (Atlas Copco) machines will be an advantage
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.