A full-time contract managing all aspects of aviation in the National Park. The Chief Pilot will be responsible for ensuring the excellent aerial surveillance in the park, regular ferry flights to Cotonou as scheduled as well as maintaining excellent stock control, relief pilots and a well-maintained fleet at all times.
Our client is a non-profit organisation that takes total responsibility for the rehabilitation and long-term management of national parks in partnership with governments and local communities.
Our client currently manages more than 12 parks in different African countries
Duties & Responsibilities, KPA:
- Ensure that all aviation licenses, documents and authorizations required to legally operate each aircraft with the designated pilot are in order at all times;
- Maintain an excellent relationship with ANAC and other authorities in order to ensure quick processing times and outstanding service;
- Manage stock of regularly used consumables and spares so that no more than two supply consignments are required annually;
- Maintain a relationship with ATB and ensure that all incoming flights are reported, known and adequately prepared for at least 24hrs in advance;
- Adhere to the Aviation SOP’s at all times;
- Accurately project fuel, spares, consumable and other needs and the cost thereof to contribute to the budgeting process each September.
- Carry out all maintenance on time and on budget;
- Ensure that any external maintenance needs are projected and booked well in advance;
- Report any issues with either aircraft to the FOM with a plan of action and ground if deemed necessary
- Ensure that all aircraft and operator safety requirements are met as per international standards;
- Ensure that all scheduled surveillance flights are conducted on time and data recorded;
- Ensure that all scheduled ferry flights are conducted on time and prepared for accordingly;
- Ensure that the impact of unscheduled support flights and scheduled ferry flights on surveillance flights is limited to the highest degree possible whilst maintaining general aviation standards and adhering to legislation.
Key measures and targets
- Weekly joint-flight planning with LAB/Conservation/Logistics and ensure that it is closely adhered to;
- Report back on each week’s flight planning every Friday morning;
- Submit a brief weekly report on key points in aviation every Friday;
- Produce a monthly report by the second day of every new month
- A goal of 80% adherence to the flight plan;
- All ferry flights planned and carried out with minimal turnaround time;
- All maintenance intervals met on time and on budget;
- All required relief pilots (if any) booked and authorized as required on time and on budget.
- Spares/consumables budget not exceeded due to poor planning/frequent orders.
Education & Experience Required:
- Field Operations Manager;
- Park Manager (needs basis);
- Head of Law-Enforcement (planning);
- Conservation Manager (planning);
- Airstrip Assistant;
- Air Taxi Benin;
- Maintenance Officer(s).
Benefits and Contractual information:
- At least 500hrs logged on any type;
- Demonstrative experience managing basic maintenance of Foxbats and Cessna 182s;
- Demonstrative experience in managing the logistics of a fleet of aircraft in a remote location;
- Strong communicative competencies to interact with officials;
- Relevant licenses/permits to carry out maintenance and inspections on both a Cessna 182s and a Rotax engine;
- Bilingual (French/English) with excellent written and spoken competencies in the former;
- Strong reporting skills.
Field Operations Manager
Duration: min 2 years
contract (option of renewal)
Emergency evacuation and hospitalization medical insurance, Group life and disability cover for up to 6X annual salary, 21 days leave (excluding max of 4 travel days) for every 100 days worked, 3 return economy class return flights annually to home country (if expat),
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Specialist
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.