Reference Number: VG
Sourcing and Contracting Specialist / Analyst ensure that the company derives maximum value from its external spend. This is accomplished through structured market engagements and ongoing category and contract stewardship. To achieve this, Sourcing and Contracting Specialists require strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to analyses the capabilities, costs and risks posed by the company’s suppliers; and the ability to negotiate and capture favorable commercial outcomes in contract documents.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- In conjunction with internal stakeholders, document business requirements in a manner suitable for engaging prospective suppliers.
- Capture and optimisation of technical specifications and operational timelines
- Development of scopes of work
- Incorporation of applicable Company Standards
- Identify and mitigate operational and commercial risks through high quality contract drafting, including incorporation of KPI’s and other performance mechanisms
- Administer market engagements through the company’s on-line platform (Ariba)
- Plan and execute negotiation strategies to improve outcomes from market engagements.
- Specifications and timelines
- Prices, price adjustment mechanisms and incentives
- Risk apportionment and contract terms and conditions
- Facilitate and participate in the evaluation of supplier proposals
- Identify trade-offs and facilitate decision making for supplier selection.
- Differentiated capabilities and risk profiles of supply options
- Total cost of ownership and other commercial outcomes
- Reducing the total cost of ownership of externally sourced goods and services
- Ensuring externally sourced goods and services meet or exceed the company’s requirements
- Leading negotiation and agreement of legal terms and conditions prioritising the company´s precedent positions.
- Ensuring all elements of negotiated outcomes are adequately reflected in contract documentation
- Concisely capture in governance documentation why particular sourcing outcomes are recommended, including evaluation and quantification of capability, cost and risk
- Obtain authorisation to implement negotiated outcomes in compliance with the company’s Authority Standard
- In conjunction with legal counsel, draft and execute contract documents
- Complete contract and supplier administration through the company’s ERP platforms (SAP; Ariba)
- Handover of outcomes to end-users and, where appropriate, contract management personnel
- Preference for at least 5 years’ experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Sourcing roles. (Alternative relevant industry experience in other Functional areas would also be considered e.g. Finance, Commercial, Operations)
- Experience in strategic sourcing and developing commercial arrangements and capture of outcomes in contract documentation
- Proven ability to identify and deliver total cost reduction and efficiency opportunities.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office, strong competency in MS Excel as an enabler for data analysis
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.