Financial Planning Analyst (Financial Analysis / Forecast / Mining / Management Accounting) Rosebank, South Africa
Reference Number: 003 0207 RR
The FPA will be responsible for all the financial planning & analysis activities in respect of a project, located in Kolwezi, DRC. Very broadly, this role is responsible for: Reviewing and analyzing all financial reports produced by the site Finance team; Generating short, medium, and long-term budgets; Providing key input for group reporting requirements and strategic decision-making.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Review of the monthly ‘actual’ cost reports produced by the site Finance team
- Collate the financial and production inputs required in developing the annual budget. This will require rigorous validation and understanding of the assumption set.
- Generate and analyses the financial outputs for the rolling 18-month forecast. This will require rigorous validation and understanding of the financial assumptions and technical input parameters.
- Engage in scenario planning, with the explicit objective of understanding the impact of the various options and being able to identify the value-adding alternatives.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations that clearly articulate the key outcomes of various analysis.
- Generate the 12-week cash flow forecast and cash calls. This will require regular interaction with the site Finance Manager, in order to interrogate and understand the relevant requirements.
- Attend to ad-hoc queries, primarily for group requirements and strategic decision-making.
- Work closely with the ‘Project’ team in building evaluation models for development opportunities and being able to interpret and communicate the key outcomes thereof.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- BCom Honours or B. Eng.
- At least 7 years of financial analysis experience, preferably at a large corporate;
- At least 5 years’ experience in the mining / extraction industries
- Extensive financial modelling background
- Management accounting experience a plus
- Adapt to working in a fast-paced and pressurized environment
- D – Upper grading
- Permanent Role
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Ruan Roodt
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.